A look at the patch notes for the January 23rd CS:GO update.
January 23rd Patch Notes
- Significant improvement to server infrastructure to support growing CS:GO community.
- Fixed an alt-tab related memory leak
- Added ability for Friends Lister to display two columns of friends.
- Added ability for mouse wheel to scroll Friends Lister.
- Added filtering by item name. Players can enter any part of an item name in the text field to filter their inventory.
- Added ability to sort items when selecting items that will work with a tool.
- Players can no longer initiate a vote kick on the final round or match point.
- The ‘bomb has been planted alert’ now also states the number of seconds that mp_c4timer is set to.
- The voice chat button in the lobby (microphone) now stores it’s state from session to session.
- Fixed remaining cases where Blog would take mouse input when if was obscured.
- Fixed Main Menu bar buttons getting stuck in highlighted state.
- Context menu entries are now divided into categories.
- Open Case UI will auto-select a key in cases where players do not need to choose between different types of keys.
- Fixed cases where players could not rename items in Lobby and Pause menu inventories.
- Inventory images will show the thumbnail for a weapon’s sticker.
- Buying helmet when you already have kevlar will now update the health/armor HUD icon element immediately on purchase.
- Fixed the freeze cam panel not always having the killer’s weapon item data during demo playback.
- Grenades now show player ownership in their name.
- Fixed some vote panel text getting truncated.
- Fixed the health, armor and ammo HUD elements not showing up sometimes when spectating some players.
- Fixed some alignment issues on the spectator follow panel
- Fixed the weapon image in the spectator panel not having a background.
- Realigned the spectator follow panel a bit.
- The gift drop alert panel has been de-holiday-ified.
- Removed the snow from the main menu background.
- Turned off rope and freeze cam holiday effects.
- Fixed missing Cyrillic characters in chat.
- Fixed HUD disappearing when alt-tabbing or starting another app (like hlmv).
New Radar Image for Overpass with January 23rd Changes
- Moved CT van to give more effective cover
- Made CT van climbable
- Moved fences to give more space
- Removed red car
- Widened door into back of A
- Blocked visibility from bridge to canal
- Tweaked position/rotation of truck
- Made corridors and stairs under A wider
- Moved Bombsite B to CT side of pillar, extended area with a platform to give more space and cover
- Made players in sniping room easier to silhouette against the background
- Made cement sacks climbable
- Opened up wall on CT side
- Made bridge wider
- Moved up CT spawns and pushed T spawns further back
- Increased C4 radius to 500 from 400
- Railings in sniper room no longer blocks bullets or grenades
- Added light to sniper room balcony
- Made upper door in park connector wider
- Made park connector easier to navigate
- Made corridor near T spawn wider
- Brighter ambient lights in canal pipes
- Made climbing thing in playground more solid
- Made bathroom corridor wider
- Made windows in bathrooms breakable
- Added spectator fixed camera positions
- Tweaked soundscape settings
- Fixed various minor bugs
- Added collision to top of trees
- Added more accurate model collision
- Removed particle effects that could be mistaken for grenades
- Blocked a sightline in battlements near A
- Blocked a hiding hole in underpass near A
- Removed light models near statue at B that could be mistaken for player heads
- Removed a portapotty at back of B
- Raised height of center fence near B
- Fixed various minor bugs
For a full detailed overview of the January 23rd update visit Cyborgmatt’s post.
Source: Steam CSGO Patch Notes